Do I need to register with AICIS? (Australian Industrial Chemicals Introduction Scheme)

Modified on Tue, 18 Aug 2020 at 11:50 AM

We consider importing an industrial chemical into Australia or manufacturing an industrial chemical locally as ‘introducing’ a chemical. If you introduce industrial chemicals - or products that release industrial chemicals - for commercial purposes, you must register your business with us and pay a fee

You must register your business in any given registration year before you import or manufacture an industrial chemical. Our registration year is 1 September - 31 August.

We publish a list of registered businesses on our website.

Our fees have changed to make it fairer for everyone. Your registration fees and charges are based your previous registration year’s total importation or manufacture (introduction) value, and are paid when our registration year ends. 


Was this article helpful?

That’s Great!

Thank you for your feedback

Sorry! We couldn't be helpful

Thank you for your feedback

Let us know how can we improve this article!

Select atleast one of the reasons
CAPTCHA verification is required.

Feedback sent

We appreciate your effort and will try to fix the article